The Advanced Placement (AP) Program and Exams
With AP®, students can take college-level course work in high school. When students take AP courses and exams, they demonstrate to college admission officers that they have sought out an educational experience that will prepare them for success in college and beyond. Performing well on an AP Exam means more than just the successful completion of a course. Most colleges and universities accept successful exam scores for credit, advanced placement, or both. And research consistently shows that students who are successful in AP typically experience greater academic success in college than those who don’t participate in AP.
The Late AP Exam Registration window is from February 5th - March 4th.
Late Exam Registration
- The late exam registration/cancellation window will be from February 5th - March 4th.
Exam fees: $138 per exam
- All payments must be submitted by 2:40 pm on March 5, 2024. Checks should be made out to DTSD and turned into Mrs. Malik in the High School Counseling Office.
- $40 per exam is kept by the College Board.
- $58 per exam will be reimbursed back to the student.
- The exam registration window will be from October 3rd - November 3rd.
Exam fees: $98 per exam
- All payments must be submitted by 2:45 pm on November 6, 2023. Checks should be made out to DTSD and turned into Mrs. Malik in the High School Counseling Office.
Instructions for Exam Registration
- Enroll in Ap Classroom for each AP class you are in via map.collegeboard.org
- To access the registration form there are 2 options: Scan the QR code posted in AP classrooms or click the link on the AP Information webpage of the H.S. Counseling Department
- Complete and submit the electronic registration/cancellation form by November 3, 2023.
- Print the PDF or Email Receipt of the submitted AP Exam Registration Form.
- Turn in the printed receipt and payment (Check made payable to DTSD) to Mrs. Malik in the Counseling Office no later than November 6th at 2:40 pm.
- Mr. Hensel and Mrs. Malik will order exam(s) for you after the printed receipt & payment are received.