Hershey High School utilizes a computer-based program called Naviance Student, a valuable resource to facilitate post-secondary planning. Upon receipt of their personal access code, students may begin accessing the numerous features Naviance Student provides to assist in career and college planning.
The Naviance Student at HHS allows students to access:
- My Profile – Edit student information and provide parent information as well.
- My Resume – build a student resume by listing activities and awards
- My Game Plan – complete survey questions that will be helpful to both students and counselors in college planning.
- College Search - You can conduct your own extensive searches. Start broadly by limiting your preferences to a few important factors (e.g. size, location, and selectivity, major or athletic interest.) Later you can specify additional criteria. The more parameters you set the fewer the matches you will obtain.
- College Look Up - Provides a basic profile of the college, including a link to its homepage on the web. Enter the college's name, and then double click the blue hyper-link which appears on the next screen.
- College Compare - Pick two or more colleges and Naviance will produce a table of data based on recent HHS applicants to the colleges you selected.
- Scattergrams – Will provided a visual on how other HHS student have fared when applying to that school. The student will also be plotted on the graph. This feature will be accessible as data becomes available.
- Visit Schedule – An up to date calendar of college visits to HHS for juniors and seniors. This schedule is fluid and may change at any time so please check it frequently. Students must sign up on Family Connection for any session they wish to attend.
- Surveys – Any student requesting a counselor letter of recommendation must complete the Student Information Form. Parents of seniors may complete the Parent Insight Form. If you are a parent and would like access to Naviance, please contact your student's school counselor.